The Holidays are my favorite time of the year, but getting through them can be pretty tough! I am such a big foodie! I could eat all day long, so when the Holidays offer that… it can get really tough! But I’ve come up with some tips to help you and me survive!
1.Get plenty of ZZZZZZ! That way you can wake up and be ready to tackle the day ahead of you. Although I think New Years is an exception! 🙂
2. Get lots of veggies. I am not a big fan of vegetables, but I do eat them. If you feel like you aren’t getting enough vitamins from veggies then ask a Doctor about special vitamins!
3. Cut back on the Ginger Bread Men, and Candy Canes, and basically any other treat! Try decorating your tree with ornaments and not candy, that way you aren’t tempted!
4. Try to get out and exercise! If it’s snowing, walk around your house 30 times (depending on how big it is!) If the weather’s sunny like it is here in most of California then continue with your normal exercise!
5. Drink plenty of water. A lot of times during the Holidays people get so caught up in things that they forget to hydrate. Remember, you need 8 cups of water each day, that’s 64 ounces!
6. Wind down at the end of each day. Take time away from everyone else to let yourself relax.
7. Get outside and play with your pets. Don’t forget about them in all the hustle and bustle!!
8. Instead of giving people 15 cookies in their goody bag, give them 10. Try to scale down on everything except for veggies!
9. Have a good attitude and have fun. That is the best way to stay healthy in my opinion!
10. Donate food to the food bank. They hardly ever get fresh veggies and fruits!
I hope that these tips will help you as much as they’ve been helping me! Please if you have any other tips you would like to share with me send a comment! If they are good I might just put them up!
“You can only improve!!”
P.S. Sorry it’s taken a while for me to blog! It’s been a little hectic!